Response and prevention strategies for elder and vulnerable adult abuse are numerous and varied. We’ve summarized and collected information about some of the most well-known interventions and response systems. It’s important to remember that ANYONE can help at some level.
- Learn when and how to report abuse
- Get help for commonly seen “suspicious situations” involving possible abuse of elders and adults with disabilities
- Learn about the agencies and organizations that respond to reports of abuse
- Learn what some communities and multidisciplinary teams are doing to prevent abuse from occurring
- Explore how the many fields and organizations that serve elders and adults with disabilities may play a role in abuse intervention and prevention
- To learn how to prevent abuse through volunteerism and raising awareness, visit the Get Involved section.